The future is bright for Wisconsin’s construction industry. Construction careers will never go away – they cannot be shipped overseas or relocated to another state. In fact, we are preparing for 22% growth in the next 5 years! With average salaries above $56,000 and one of the best training programs in the country, a career as an Operating Engineer is a smart choice!
- Looking for a career that does not chain you to a desk?
- Excited by state-of-the-art technology that is constantly changing?
- Enjoy working with your hands or have a mechanical aptitude?
- Want a career that is in high demand today and in the future?
- Want to work on exciting projects like: Miller Park, Milwaukee Zoo Interchange, Lambeau Field, etc…..
Earn While You Learn as an Operating Engineer Apprentice
- 4 year training program
- 6,000 hours paid on-the-job training
- 400 hours paid related instruction
- 250 hours unpaid related instruction
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification
- Transition-To-Trainer Course